Hands On! A Community Skills-Share Fair
Tenth Annual Skills Fair – February 8, 2020
Sustainable NE Seattle and the NE Seattle Tool Library are collaborating once again with Meadowbrook Community Center to offer our 10th annual HANDS ON! Community Skills–Share Fair. FREE all day
What is a skills fair?
A day of sharing practical skills with our neighbors – we will have short workshops on a wide variety of skills, from sewing basics to emergency preparedness. The day will include a luncheon with speaker TBA.
Saturday, Feb 8th, 2020
Skills from 10-5, Lunch w/ speaker
Meadowbrook Community Center, 10517 35th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125
- Building resilience – If we can build a neighborhood where we know how to take care of our needs close to home – we are more likely to do well in difficult times
- Growing Community – If we work together, share resources, eat and celebrate together, our community fabric grows stronger!
- Reducing waste – if we can repurpose that old sweater, it stays out of the landfill.
Some of the 2020 class offerings
- Growing Your Own Saffron
- Sourdough Bread Making
- Mushroom Cultivation
- Flex Thinking
- Emergency Toilet Building and other emergency how-to's
- Eco-friendly Gardening
- Edible Weed Walk
- Basic Electrical
- Gardening for Pollinators
- DIY beeswax wrap: a reusable alternative to plastic wrap
- Tool Sharpening
- Planning your Garden
- Leather Tooling
- Simple Bike Repair
- Seed Saving
- How to Buy a Used Bike (what to look for)
- GlowForge glass etching
- Mason Bee Basics
- DIY light switch plates
- Local Investing
- Drywall Basics and Repair
- IN ADDITION: A clothing and book exchange. Bring gently used items and set them out in the clothing tent from 2-5. Anything not taken will be donated. And a Fermentation Station for exchanging sourdough starters or SCOBYs.